Location: Surry Hills, Sydney. Some remote working from home arrangements will be in place during COVID-19
Title: Customer Service Officer
Remuneration: Level 3 of the SCHADS Award, negotiable based on experience
Industry / Sector: Community Housing
Deadline: Please apply as soon as possible
About the organisation
The Women’s Housing Company (WHC) Limited is a specialist provider of housing and homelessness services to women with and without children. With over 35 years of history, experience and commitment, the WHC has grown and expanded its services to provide crisis, transitional, social and affordable housing across Sydney, the Hunter and Coffs Harbour. The WHC is a Tier 1 Community Housing Provider, registered under the National Regulatory System for Community Housing, is a company limited by guarantee and operates as a registered charity.
Collaboration. Integrity. Courage. Respect. Focus.
What we offer
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people's lives in an organisation that cares about people
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- In addition to excellent learning and development opportunities, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide potential to grow your career across a range of teams and services
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture
About the role
The Customer Service Officer is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service to current and prospective tenants of the WHC who may present via phone, email or face to face, in accordance with relevant legislative and contractual requirements and within the guidelines of the WHC policies and procedures.
- Experience providing high-quality customer service responding to and resolving customer enquiries and complaints with a first point resolution ethos
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member, with a commitment to a building supportive and collaborative team culture
- Ability to support the WHC to meet its financial and social goals by managing the allocation process and partnering with the business and support providers to minimise vacancy times
- Ability to effectively support the WHC to provide safe and secure housing by processing responsive property repair requests
- Ability to support the smooth operation of WHC by ensuring that relevant forms, tenant information and lease sign-up packs are always available and that incoming and outgoing mail is processed and distributed
- Ability to assist the WHC meets its compliance and legislative obligations through the timely and accurate recording of all customer information in the relevant IT system(s) and maintaining strict adherence to operational and workplace policies and procedures
- Ability to support the operations with community and tenant engagement initiatives by providing administration support and encouraging tenants to participate in the annual tenant survey, tenant events and the Tenancy Advisory Group (TAG)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a front-line customer service role
- Mandatory National Criminal History Check
- Being female is a genuine occupational requirement for this position under the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977
- Demonstrated experience providing access to housing options by accepting, assessing and processing applications, transfers and change of circumstances in the relevant IT system(s)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the needs of social housing tenants
- A sound ability to navigate around various computer systems, such as: SDM, HOMES and TRIM
Provide a cover letter and resume describing your experience, passion and ability to be successful in this position via: email@example.com. All enquiries should be made to Emma Bonehill on 02 8202 9305.